Looking for a new chicken recipe? This pretzel crusted chicken is a combination of salty and sweet and it’s so easy to make! This simple and delicious chicken recipe only requires an oven, and 5 common ingredients. Try pairing this it with your favorite vegetables or adding it on top of a salad.
1 lbs of chicken breast tenders
1 cup thin pretzels
1 cup almond meal (I use pre made, but you could use almonds in a food processor too)
¼ cup yellow mustard
¼ cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Spray a baking pan with olive oil or cooking spray.
3. Place 1 cup pretzel snaps into a zip lock bag. Use your hands to break up the pretzels into small pieces by squeezing the bag. Using a hammer or meat mallet would work too.
4. Combine the almond meal together with the pretzels in a bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the mustard and honey together.
6. Rinse chicken and pat dry.
7. Place rinsed chicken into the honey mustard marinade and let marinate for 10 minutes.
8. Take each piece of chicken out of the marinade and dip them into the almond meal pretzel mixture.
9. Place pretzel crusted chicken pieces onto the baking sheet and place in the oven.
10. Bake for about 20 minutes (cooking times may vary based on the thickness of the chicken strips)
Linzy Ziegelbaum, MS, RD, CDN is a registered dietitian and owner of the private practice LNZnutrition LLC. She provides nutrition counseling and education to clients of all ages with many nutrition needs. Linzy enjoys sharing her love and nutrition expertise with others through counseling, her LNZnutrition blog and social media pages, including Facebook and Instagram.