Move over Tex-Mex Dip and say hello to my most popular and requested Mediterranean Layered Spread recipe. With captivating layers of Greek ingredients, such as hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and feta - this show-stopping, make-ahead, crowd pleasing appetizer is a recipe I make every time I have company at my home. It is just that good!
Mediterranean Layered Spread from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® KITCHEN 101 cookbook
Doesn’t get much better that this stunning and stupendous Greek layered spread; my go-to make-ahead guaranteed hit.
16 (2 tablespoon) servings (2 Weight Watcher Points Plus)
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups roasted red pepper hummus
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat Feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced Kalamata or black olives
1. In a bowl, blend together cream cheese, yogurt, oregano, garlic, lemon juice and season to taste. Spread on large round serving plate.
2. Carefully spread hummus over cream cheese. Sprinkle evenly with remaining ingredients, refrigerate until serving time.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 88, Calories from Fat 61%, Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 11mg, Sodium 228mg, Carbohydrates 5g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 2g, Protein 4g, Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat.
With over 1 MILLION COOKBOOKS sold, Holly Clegg has become a healthy culinary expert through her nationally recognized best-selling trim&TERRIFIC® and Eating Well cookbook series. Clegg, who attended the Cordon Bleu Cooking School, London, has appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Web MD, and The Huff Post. Clegg has consulted for Walmart, Teflon, The Coca-Cola Company, and hospitals nationwide. Visit Holly on YOUTUBE and her BLOG for more of her new easy healthy recipes.