Working out isn’t a matter of having time – it’s a matter of making time.
That said, we all endure days where getting to the gym just isn’t in the cards. Luckily, there are plenty of exercises you can do at home to make sure you keep up with your New Year’s resolution and healthy lifestyle. Not only do you get to exercise in the comfort of your own home, you can do it with household items as well!
Get fit by targeting areas of your body you want to work on with just one or two props from your house and no professional workout equipment. The following are some examples you can do for each target area:
1. Lower body
- Calf raises (you can use the stairs in your home)
- Step-ups (on a chair)
- Squats (squat jumps, reverse squats)
- One-legged squats on a coffee table (place one foot behind you on the table for balance)
2. Upper body
- Elevated push ups (use your coffee table or the couch)
- Tricep dips (on a chair)
- Pull ups (use the doorway or archway of your home)
- Crunches (bicycle crunch, reverse crunch, vertical leg crunch)
- Sit ups (use your couch for foot support)
- Low scissors/leg lifts
- Planks (reverse plank, side plank, plank twists)
- Sliding burpees (using a towel or two paper plates)
- Mountain climbers
- Imaginary jump rope
- Knee highs
- Jumping jacks
Not sure what some of these workouts are? We’ve got you covered.
Our new personal training app, Azumio’s Fitness Trainer, has more than 120 carefully tailored workouts that cater to your fitness goal(s). Each exercise comes with detailed instructions, photos, videos and even animations to ensure a proper workout.
Who needs an expensive gym? Get your own workout on at home!